Assertive Greenwich Labor & Employment Law Attorney
Ensuring compliance, safeguarding success
A profitable business serves the needs of employee, management and the marketplace. But friction between workforce and management often causes complications that hurt a company’s competitiveness and threaten the livelihoods of everyone involved. The Law Offices of Kevin T. Hoffman has more than 30 years of experience defending the rights of corporate employees to safe, hospitable and equitable employment, as well as fair severance compensation. Mr. Hoffman’s experience in this field makes us uniquely qualified to assist you to achieve comprehensive and lasting settlements to issues that include discrimination, compensation and breach of contract and executive severance matters.
Correcting power imbalances
Law Offices of Kevin T. Hoffman
understands that employees often hesitate to confront employers, especially in troubled economic times. Mr. Hoffman empowers individuals to receive the justice they deserve. He assists with cases involving:
- Unpaid meal and rest breaks
- Unpaid overtime
- Unpaid wages
- Workplace violations
- Unsafe work conditions
- Whistleblower retaliation
- Wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment
Challenging discrimination in the workplace
Federal law prohibits employers from discriminatory practices regarding hiring, promotion, termination, types of assignments and pay. When making decisions, employers cannot legally consider:
By applying extensive knowledge of state and federal labor and employment laws, Law Offices of Kevin T. Hoffman uses objective metrics to prove or disprove acts of discrimination.Enforcing productive workplace conditions
For 30 years, Law Offices of Kevin T. Hoffman has safeguarded employees’ rights under various labor statutes, including:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Workers Compensation Program
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Consumer Credit Protection Act (CPCA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
- Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA)
Securities industry employment disputes
Mr. Hoffman also handles contract negotiations, broker transitions and pre-arbitration dispute resolution.
As an arbitrator, he knows when and how to find appropriate resolutions for disputes. Employment disputes in the securities industry can be costly, time-consuming affairs. Mr. Hoffman handles a wide variety of employment disputes, including:
- Restrictive covenants including non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Broker promissory note collection matters
- Bonus disputes involving investment bankers, traders, and research analysts
- Broker Promissory Note Collections
Broker-dealers rely on Mr. Hoffman to collect debts from former employees who have failed to repay loans governed by employee contracts, promissory notes, settlement agreements, awards and judgments.
Contact a dedicated Connecticut employment and labor law firm
Call the Law Offices of Kevin T. Hoffman at 203-869-8744 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
The Law Offices of Kevin T. Hoffman is located in Greenwich, Connecticut, and represents clients nationwide.